Simplified tagging from untied

If your business or property rental income is £85,000 or less then HMRC allow you to keep the simplest form of accounts without a detailed breakdown by type of income or expense. You may see it referred to as the short form of the tax return.

For that reason, you'll just see tags such as "business income", "business expense", "property income" and "property expense" in untied.

If you do want to analyse your income by more detailed category, then you can use custom tags which are effectively hashtags in the advanced section of the transaction.

The £85,000 limit does not apply to employment income - you can just keep earning and reporting that in the same way :-)

If your turnover is more than £85,000, then drop us an email to check how untied will fit with your needs.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Ask untied Ask untied