Submitting your tax return - using your HMRC online account or untied express submit

Last updated 10 June 2020

It will not be possible to submit a tax return unless you have a Unique Taxpayer Reference number (UTR) from HMRC - they use this to identify you.

There are two ways to submit a return using the gig worker service.

  • One option is to use your HMRC online account. This is also known as a Government Gateway login.
  • The other way is called untied express submit. To use untied express lets us submit for you, without needing your own HMRC login. You will need to send us two forms of ID – one with a photo and a different one with your address to This can take us 24 hours to process, but we aim to reply faster. We will then give you a secret code to submit.

You will then need to select the right option from the drop down on the "Tax Filing" page.

If you have problems submitting, let us know.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us