Viewing filed returns / what's an SA302 and where do I get one?

untied stores your data securely, and PDFs are available of the submitted documents.

Your tax return (also often called an SA100) will be emailed to you by untied when you submit, and can also be downloaded from your account. It will include an IRMark which is effectively HMRC's stamp of receipt. The document is not as pretty as a printed tax return but includes the data that was submitted (the traditional tax return template is based on when returns were sent to people to be completed on paper; of course now everything is electronic we don't need to include all the fields that are either duplicated or not used - so for that reason what you get from untied may be a shorter document than you are used to). 

Some organisations may ask for an "SA302" which is effectively the same document. If you are asked for this, you may also want to refer the person requesting a reference to

YOU CAN NOT USE THE UNTIED MOBILE APP TO VIEW PREVIOUS RETURNS - YOU NEED TO USE YOUR BROWSER. You can log in to the right version of untied from the Log In link at the top of the home screen here.

untied Pro

If you use untied Pro, you will see Tax Filings in the menu. Then press view to see the relevant Tax return (SA100) or SA302. SA302 documents are only available for successful submissions with an IRMark, which is HMRC's receipt of the submission.

untied lite

In untied lite, you will see submitted returns under Tax Filing from the menu. Click on the reference to open the tax return. Contact us if you want an SA302 and you are a user of untied lite.

Filing outside untied

We can only show your data if you used untied to submit your return. If you did not use untied to file your tax return, we, unfortunately, cannot get a copy.

If you used HMRC's online service ... then log into your HMRC account. If you used other software or an accountant then you will need to contact those providers. 

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Ask untied Ask untied