COVID support in untied

For the relevant tax years, untied includes specific COVID-related functionality in untied Pro and untied lite.
Introduction to COVID functionality in untied
You will see COVID alerts as you use untied - for instance maybe asking if money received is a grant.
You will also see new COVID-related tags:
untied has also summarised all COVID-related support in a special section.
Accessing the special COVID section
To access this via untied Pro in your browser, or untied lite just choose COVID-19 support on the left hand side.
And in the untied Pro mobile app you'll need to navigate to Taxes > Prepare your tax return > COVID-19 support (the menu will only appear for the years where there is COVID support available).
We have also included key information below for reference.
Working from home
Whether working from home as employed or self-employed, you will be entitled to claim some of your costs. The wizards on the COVID pages will work this out.
SEISS (Self-Employment Income Support Scheme) grant income
This is taxable income, and it should be tagged as "SEISS/COVID grant income" in untied.
Local authority COVID grants
If this relates to your business, tag this as "SEISS/COVID grant income" in untied.
If it relates to a property you are letting out, then tag it as "Rental income" or "Furnished Holiday Letting rental income" as appropriate.
Furlough (CJRS) salary
Your furlough payment will be included in your salary. There is no need to declare it separately.
COVID loans
These do not get included on your tax return. Any interest will be treated as an expense when you pay it. Do not tag COVID loans in untied.
Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
If you were on Jobseeker's Allowance you'll get a form (P45U or P60U). There you can find the information you need. This will be included in your tax calculation as State Pensions and Benefits. You can enter this in untied via the COVID menu.
Universal Credit (UC)
You do not need to tag UC payments.
Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
You do not need to tag income related ESA.
Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If you had contribution based ESA you'll get a form (P45U or P60U). There you can find the information you need to enter in untied - which you can do via the COVID menu.
If you were an employer and received furlough payments to help you pay your employee(s)
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS/furlough) support to help you furlough your staff should be tagged as "SEISS/COVID grant income".
Payment plans
If you have not already agreed a payment plan with HMRC, we suggest that you contact them. See untied's help on this here.
Other COVID support

In general, all grants will be taxed as business income. If in doubt, contact us and we can help you work out how it should be treated

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Ask untied Ask untied