What is my Government Gateway ID?

Your Government Gateway ID is your user ID for accessing HMRC Online Services.  HMRC Online Services are where you access your tax account. 

Your Government Gateway ID or 'HMRC login' is 12 characters long and will have been issued to you by HMRC (it can have both numbers and letters in it).  You will also have a password.

There are two ways to send a tax return with untied.  You can use your own Government Gateway ID or HMRC login, or we can do it for you using untied express submit (you will still need your UTR / Unique Taxpayer Reference number).  Your UTR is 10 numbers long.

You'll need your HMRC login / Government Gateway ID to submit your tax return.  You can enter it into the untied app so that untied can submit your tax return for you, or handily you can use untied express submit if you don't have your log-in details to hand.

How do I locate my Government Gateway ID?

Check out these useful links for more info:

HMRC Online Services Sign In
Register for HMRC Online Services
Forgot your ID or Password?

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Ask untied Ask untied