Paying your tax to HMRC
Last updated 30 April 2020
When you submit your tax return, HMRC then calculate what you need to pay. They'll let you know via your personal tax account online and via post. You may get an email but beware email scams!
You will need your UTR - the Unique Taxpayer Reference that is saved in your untied app under Profile. It's ten digits long.
To pay your tax:
- You can go to HMRC's website here which will allow you to select a way to pay including by credit / debit card. Credit cards get hit with a fee. You will need your UTR.
- You can also pay by bank transfer. The bank details are below. Use Cumbernauld unless told to pay Shipley eg on a payment request.
Don't make a payment to any other account without being sure it's actually HMRC.
|Sort code||Account number||Account name||Payment reference|
|08 32 10||12001039||HMRC Cumbernauld||Your UTR followed by K|
|08 32 10||12001020||HMRC Shipley||Your UTR followed by K|
It's clunky. And not very untied like. We'd love to be able to simplify and streamline this, and are pushing to do so.
A quick walkthrough of steps on the HMRC website.
2. Click Pay ow
3. Log in to HMRC / Gateway if you have the details. If you don't have your HMRC login, you can still continue.
4. Select your payment option
5. After selecting how you want to pay, you'll need your UTR. You can find this on the tax return PDF you get from untied.